Look at the Christmas sales. They have been the worst since 2009. I think a lot of the retailers made a mistake. They believed the hype, just like the investors and the economists. They loaded up on inventories coming into the Christmas season. That is why we got a 4 handle on the third quarter GDP. But I think they are finding out that a lot of Americans just don`t have any money to buy stuff. They are spending too much energy and food, they have lots of debt and lousy jobs. So, I think we are going to see some record sales following Christmas in the New Year. Not sales in selling, but declines in prices for sale.
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2018 (85)
- ► 2017 (188)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- ► 2014 (429)
- Christmas Sales: The Worst Since 2009
- China`s Currency Is Likely To Appreciate in 2014
- The Big Story Will Be China`s Tapering
- U.S. Economy: The Highest Rate We Can Afford Is Ze...
- The Federal Reserve Eased Monetary Policy When The...
- Video: The Highest Interest Rate We Can Afford Is ...
- Bitcoin: It Will Not Work As A Currency
- Simple Economics On Wal-Mart (WMT)
- Video: The Response From The Left
- Bitcoin: The High Is Probably In
- This is Taper-Light, At Best
- The Fed Is In A Box
- How An Economy Grows And Why it Crashes: Simplifyi...
- Investing In The Big Picture
- America`s Level Of Taxation
- Alternative Media: The Best Source Of Information
- Fiat Currencies, Gold & Bitcoins
- It`s Hard To Convince People To Vote For Less Gove...
- The Whole U.S. Economy Is Based On Debt
- The Fundamentals Of The U.S. Economy
- The Potential Growth In Asian Capital Markets
- Video: Economics, Politics & Monetary Policy
- The Federal Government Is Now Monetizing 150 Perce...
- The Dollar Has Not Collapsed Yet, But It Will
- Gold Is Going To Resume Its Ascent
- What Will Happen When Foreign Central Banks Stop B...
- Emerging Markets Inflation Explained
- Bitcoin: Money Or Speculative Asset?
- If The Fed Stops, We Will Have A Complete Collapse...
- Digital Currencies Backed By Gold?
- Bitcoins: Don`t Have Any Value Absent Being A Medi...
- There Is A Bubble In The Stock Market
- Video: U.S. Stocks Are Expensive
- Bitcoins: Tulipmania 2.0
- ▼ December (34)