The unemployment rate did tick down from 7 percent to 6.7 percent but that is not good news either. It did not go down because the unemployed found jobs, no. It went down because the unemployed stopped looking, they threw in the towel and they left the labor force. Hundreds of thousands of americans left the labor force, the labor force participation rate is now at a new low for this period, its as low as it was back in 1978 and of course back then, women were just entering the labor force, so its actually much worse today than it was in 1978.
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2018 (87)
- ► 2017 (188)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- The Federal Reserve Will Have To Reverse Course
- A Different Housing Bubble
- Housing Bubbles Everywhere
- Why Falling Prices Are A Good Thing
- Video: Canadian Housing Bubble, U.S. Economy
- Interest Rates Are Very Important
- Yellen Is A Believer In Cheap Money, Inflation
- Bigger Crisis Coming
- Gold: Bull Market Has a Long Way To Go
- Video: Vancouver Resource Investment Conference 20...
- Video: Yellen Will Be Even More Dovish
- Video: The Best Economy Is A Free Economy
- Federal Reserve, Stock Market & Gold
- Federal Reserve`s Impossible Mission
- If The Federal Reserve Withdraws Itself From The B...
- Federal Reserve: If They Don`t Buy U.S: Treasuries...
- Video: The Bullish Case For Gold
- The Monetary Illusion
- Stock Market & Real Estate Bubbles
- Federal Reserve`s Next Moves
- Video: QE Is Preventing The Needed Economic Reestr...
- We Will Have A Crisis Early In The Yellen Term
- Video: Debating Bitcoin Versus Gold
- Federal Reserve: Blowing Air Into A Bubble Economy...
- Video: Stimulating The Bubble
- Labor Force Participation Rate: Lowest Since 1978
- Employment Report: Lowest Job Creation In 3 Years
- Video: Dissecting The Employment Report
- Employment Report: Wall Street Does Not Believe Th...
- Video: The Side Effects Of Extended Unemployment B...
- Video: Obama Signed Up For The Bronze Plan
- Inflation: Prices Are Going Up
- This Is A Great Environment For Gold
- Higher Interest Rates & Economic Growth
- Asset Bubbles In Stocks, Real Estate
- The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better
- Video: Gold Is Going A Lot Higher
- Video: A Lecture On Money
- This Bubble Is Too Big To Pop
- ▼ January (39)