There is not enough stress in these tests because they don`t test what is really going to go on. Nobody tests a weak economy and a big spike in interest rates at the same time. The Federal Reserve always assumes that if the economy is weak, interest rates are going to be low and the only way they assume rate hikes is if its a vibrant economy which lifts asset values and makes it easier for people to repay their debts. But they don`t have a stress test that stresses a big drop in the stock market and the real estate market and in the bond market. That we have a repeat of the stagflation of the 1970`s. That is what I think its coming, except even worse than in the 1970`s.
Related stocks: Citigroup (C), Bank of America (BAC), Wells Fargo (WFC), J.P. Morgan (JPM)
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- Economic Weakness & The Weather Excuse
- Oil & Gas Portfolios
- U.S. Banks: Not Enough Stress in The Tests
- Bullish On Energy Investing
- Markets: I Think They Have Already Peaked
- Crude Oil Is Going to 150-200 Dollars
- Major Bubbles In Stocks And In Real Estate
- Video: Paycheck Fairness?
- A Tapering Pause Will Rally Gold
- The Federal Reserve Is Basing Its Assumptions On A...
- Debating Gold & Inflation with Mark Dow
- Interest Rates Are Too Low
- Facebook (FB): Zuckerberg`s Private Equity Fund
- Obamacare: It`s A Lousy Deal
- Federal Reserve: They Are Not Going To Raise Rates...
- Video: The U.S. Economy Is All Screwed Up
- How The Federal Reserve Will Read Inflation
- Interest Rate Hikes: Moving The Goal Posts
- Not a Lot Of Upside In Stocks
- Gold: Sentiment Still Favors Higher Prices
- A Declining Living Standard In America
- Gold, Federal Reserve, Bubble Economy
- Video: The Gold Rally
- Video: America`s Housing Market
- Gold: The Price Is Low and Rising
- Video: Gold, Tax Season & IRAs
- Video: The Day Of Reckoning Is Relatively Close
- Gold Companies: China Should Buy Them
- Gold: The Conventional Wisdom
- Massive Debt Monetization Coming
- Inflation Is Taking Its Toll On The Mining Industr...
- Video: Lighting The Path To Liberty
- The Government Is Lying About Inflation
- Average People Are Concerned About Inflation
- Gold: Mispricing The Asset
- The Real Value Of Gold (video)
- What Motivates Individuals To Own Gold
- Gold Stocks & Gold Price
- Negative Press On Gold
- Stock Market: Heads We Win, Tails We Win
- Stock Market: All Is Good News
- ▼ March (41)