At some point its not going to be, "inflation is too low", its going to be, "inflation is much too high." And the pressure on the bond market will be intense, the amount of money the Federal Reserve is going to have to create to artificially supress interest rates will be too much for the economy to bear in the way of dollar depreciation and consumer price increases.
So at some point they are to have to deal with the genie they let out of the bottle. How long can they wait? I do not know. But they are going to wait as long as they can and believe its going to be a huge, huge problem at the time they try to do something about it.
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2017 (130)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- Video: Creating Poverty By Fighting Poverty
- More Money Chasing A Given Supply Of Goods
- Video: Free Market Capitalism
- Gold: The Rally Will Gather Momentum As The Year P...
- U.S. Dollar: The World Has A Lot More Confidence T...
- Video: Confiscating Excess Wealth
- Dow Jones Industrials & Gold Parity
- Video: The Federal Reserve Will Not End QE
- Deflation: A Stupid Concern
- What Is Full Employment To Janet Yellen?
- Momentum Stocks Are Having Trouble
- Quantitative Easing (QE) Is An Euphemism For Infla...
- China: No Evidence That Demand For Gold Will Slow...
- Video: The Bullish Case For Gold
- People Are Starving For Yield
- Markets: Everything Is Reversing From 2013
- What The Stock Market Really Wants
- Why the Fed Can`t Raise Interest Rates
- U.S. Economy: Recovery Or Closer To A Recession?
- What Separates A Rich Country From A Poor Country
- Jack Lew: Germany Needs More Inflation
- What Makes The Economy Grow?
- Australian Dollar (AUD): Clear Sailing For Much Hi...
- Market Volatility Is The Big Story
- U.S. Economy: The Weather Excuse
- Hedge Funds: They Are Like Ultra-Long Risk Funds
- A Real Collapse In Real Estate Prices
- What Is Going To Happen When the Fed Stops Support...
- Employment Report: We Did Not Gain Any Good Jobs
- Why The Fed Wants Inflation? To Sustain The Bubble...
- Inflation Will Bail Out The Debtors
- U.S. Economy: The Old Saying About Lies
- Inflation And The Minimum Wage Hike
- Wall Street Traders Are Getting Gold Wrong
- Inflation Is Going To Wipe Out The Savers
- The Dangers of Removing Monetary Accommodation To ...
- High Frequency Trading (HFT), Short Term Traders A...
- Federal Reserve: Dealing With The Genie They Let O...
- What Economists Assume About Deflation
- Yellen: Higher Inflation Coming
- ▼ April (40)