I think the U.S. Economy is far weaker than the general consensus. I think we are headed into recession too, and that is why you see oil prices collapsing the way they did back in 2009.
But another factor that is exerting more downside pressure on oil is the widespread belief that the Federal Reserve is going to be tightening monetary policy which would even exacerbate the problem in the global economy, and of course the rising dollar that is resulting from the anticipation of higher interest rates, is also forcing oil prices lower.
Related trading instruments: United States Oil Fund LP ETF (USO), Energy Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLE), Nymex Crude Oil Futures
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- Oil: Where Is The Global Demand?
- Oil: The First Of Many Bubbles To Pop?
- Lower Oil Prices Will Push The U.S. Economy Into R...
- A Lot Of Disconnect In The Markets
- U.S. Economy Is In Rapid Deceleration
- What Falling Oil Prices May Be Signaling
- The Longer The Federal Reserve Waits To Raise Rate...
- The Yellen`s Paradox
- Bitcoin & The Russian Crisis
- Without QE4 Real Estate Will Look Like Oil
- The Real Reason Why Stocks and Oil Are Falling
- Russia: Central Bank Raises Rates To 17%!
- U.S. Economy: More Evidence Of Economic Contractio...
- Stock Market: Technicals Look Pretty Weak
- Stock Market: A Change In Trend?
- 2014: Gold vs. World Stock Markets
- Retail Sales: The Economy Is Not Driven By Spendin...
- A Sharp Oil Reversal
- Stock Market: No Sure Bets
- This Is Going To Light A Fire Under The Gold Trade...
- If The Fed Raises Rates, All Job Creation Will Dis...
- Central Banks Are Playing With Fire
- U.S. Trade Deficit In Manufacturing Goods Hits Rec...
- U.S. Economy: Trade Deficit & Job Creation
- Is Germany Opposing An European QE?
- Europe: QE or No QE?
- ECB: Considering Buying Everything Except Gold
- Falling Oil Prices Are Good For The European Econo...
- Video: Falling Prices Would Help The Economy
- National Debt Tops 18 Trillion Dollars
- Expecting A Weak Holiday Season
- U.S. Economy: Could Be The Worst Shopping Season I...
- Crude Oil Collapsing Like In 2009
- Gold: Russia Will Get A Good Buy
- ▼ December (34)