If the Federal Reserve wanted to raise interest rates they would have already done it. Rates have been at zero for about 6 years. Why has the Federal Reserve not raised rates?
The reason Janet Yellen is not raising rates right now is because she does not want to. Because she is afraid of the effect it might have on the economy, on the markets. How is that effect going to be any different if she waits until April or June? It`s not.
In fact, if she is afraid to raise interest rates now, she should be even more afraid to do it in April or June because it will be a bigger bubble by then. The longer the Federal Reserve waits to raise rates the more painful it will be when she does.
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
Dec 19, 2014
- ► 2018 (85)
- ► 2017 (188)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- Oil: Where Is The Global Demand?
- Oil: The First Of Many Bubbles To Pop?
- Lower Oil Prices Will Push The U.S. Economy Into R...
- A Lot Of Disconnect In The Markets
- U.S. Economy Is In Rapid Deceleration
- What Falling Oil Prices May Be Signaling
- The Longer The Federal Reserve Waits To Raise Rate...
- The Yellen`s Paradox
- Bitcoin & The Russian Crisis
- Without QE4 Real Estate Will Look Like Oil
- The Real Reason Why Stocks and Oil Are Falling
- Russia: Central Bank Raises Rates To 17%!
- U.S. Economy: More Evidence Of Economic Contractio...
- Stock Market: Technicals Look Pretty Weak
- Stock Market: A Change In Trend?
- 2014: Gold vs. World Stock Markets
- Retail Sales: The Economy Is Not Driven By Spendin...
- A Sharp Oil Reversal
- Stock Market: No Sure Bets
- This Is Going To Light A Fire Under The Gold Trade...
- If The Fed Raises Rates, All Job Creation Will Dis...
- Central Banks Are Playing With Fire
- U.S. Trade Deficit In Manufacturing Goods Hits Rec...
- U.S. Economy: Trade Deficit & Job Creation
- Is Germany Opposing An European QE?
- Europe: QE or No QE?
- ECB: Considering Buying Everything Except Gold
- Falling Oil Prices Are Good For The European Econo...
- Video: Falling Prices Would Help The Economy
- National Debt Tops 18 Trillion Dollars
- Expecting A Weak Holiday Season
- U.S. Economy: Could Be The Worst Shopping Season I...
- Crude Oil Collapsing Like In 2009
- Gold: Russia Will Get A Good Buy
- ▼ December (34)