We are damned if they do raise rates and damned if they don`t. If they do raise interest rates they prick the bubble that they have inflated. Because we have so much debt, the only reason the bubble has not already bursted is because rates are still at zero. So, if they move them back up to 2 or 3 percent, which is still historically very low, given how much debt we have, it is impossible to sustain it.
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2017 (188)
- ► 2016 (252)
- The U.S. Dollar Is The Mother Of All Bubbles
- An Asset Bubble So Big That The Fed Cannot Raise R...
- Where Is The Economic Recovery? All Indicators Are...
- Another Indication Of Economic Weakness
- Capital One (ONE): Signs Of A Weaker Economy?
- We Have A Bubble Not A Recovery
- Podcast: Gold, Currencies & The U.S. Stock Market
- Podcast: When Will Gold Take Off?
- U.S. Stocks Are Very Expensive
- This Is a Bigger Bubble Than The DotCom Bubble
- Wall Street Thinks There Are No Reasons To Own Gol...
- Why Does China Want To Get The Price Of Gold Down?...
- Video: Gold`s Sudden Drop Explained
- Impossible To Raise Interest Rates Without Hurting...
- Canadian Dollar: Why Is It Falling?
- Interest Rates Going Up Will Result In A Financial...
- Markets: Gold, Interest Rates
- Video: Germany Sends A Message To Other Countries
- China: Their Biggest Problem
- China: Putting The Stock Market Decline Into Persp...
- The Strength In The Euro Will Continue
- Video: Yellen`s Speech & Interest Rates Outlook
- We Will Need Another Injection Of QE To Keep The B...
- Has The U.S. Dollar Peaked?
- Gold: We Are At These Levels Where you Get The Buy...
- The Bullish Case For Gold
- Video: What Happens To The Euro If Greece Leaves
- Greece: There Will Be Austerity Regardless
- Any Idiot Can Redistribute Wealth
- Greece Is Broke, They Are Not Going To Pay The Mon...
- Interest Rates: Damned If They Do, Damned If They ...
- United States: If Interest Rates Go Up...
- Video: Discussing The Greek Collapse
- ▼ July (33)
- ► 2014 (429)