Another week when the Dollar remained relatively firmly bid, the Dollar Index closed just above 98. Gold is not really going down but its not really going up either. What is going up are bond yields, long-term bond yields just made a 4-month high with the 30-year yield at 2.55% and the 10-year Treasury yield just below 1.80% and this despite the fact that the economic news during the week, on balance, were generally weaker than expected. (SPDR Barclays Capital High Yield Bnd ETF (JNK), iShares Barclays 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF (TLT), U.S. Treasuries, iShares iBoxx $ High Yid Corp Bond ETF (HYG))
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- Why Does Wall Street Prefer Hillary Clinton?
- The Stock Market Prefers Hillary
- A Very Suspicious GDP Number
- Why Is Consumer Confidence Dropping
- Even A Tiny Rate Hike Will Damage This Bubble Econ...
- Gold, U.S. Dollar & Interest Rates
- Gold: Indian Farmers Are Buying More Gold
- The Economic Data Indicates An Incoming Recession
- We Need To Shrink The Government
- More Money Will Move Into Gold
- If The Fed Raises Interest Rates Everything Is Goi...
- Bond Yields Are Moving Up
- The Only Thing That Is Bad For Gold
- Gold: This Sell-Off Is A Buying Opportunity
- U.S. Election: Trump Won The Debate
- Gold: The False Narrative
- Forex: British Pound Flash Crash, U.S. Dollar Risk...
- Markets: Gold, Economic Recovery & Fed Policy
- The Bond Market Is Going To Blow Up
- Federal Reserve: Their Game Plan Is To Lower Rates...
- Higher Rates Will Be A Disaster For The Banks
- Why Gold Went Down 40 Dollars In One Day
- Federal Reserve: Alleged Case For An Interest Rate...
- 2017: Certainly A Recession Year
- ▼ October (24)
- ► 2015 (344)
- ► 2014 (429)