The employment cost index jump of 0.7 percent triggered a market sell-off in expectation of higher interest rates. In fact, the Fed can't raise rates.
Related trading instruments: iShares Silver ETF (SLV), Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX), SPDR Gold Trust ETF (GLD), SPDR S&P 500 Index ETF (SPY)
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2017 (188)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- Deflation Is Not Dangerous
- Stocks Are In A Bubble But Can Go Even Higher
- Gold & Well Established Companies
- Crypto Currencies: Too Late To Get Involved
- U.S. Dollar Outlook: It`s Going Down
- New Technologies & Investing Opportunities
- The Best Hedge For A Stock Market Crash
- China Is Buying Gold On The Quiet
- What To Do When U.S. Stocks Start Blowing Up
- How To Get Better Products And Jobs
- Video: Gold and Currency Wars
- A Dollar Crisis Will Be Bullish For Gold
- Minimum Wage Increases & Automation
- Tax Inversions
- Build Your Portfolio With Inflation Sensitive Asse...
- The Price Of Inflation
- Will The Federal Reserve Do The Right Thing?
- Yellen Is Not Going To Raise Rates
- What Triggered The Market Sell-Off
- ▼ August (19)