Everybody is talking about the U.S. recovery, yet the economically sensitive indexes are the weakest. And of course, these deal directly with the domestic economy. You don`t have the multinationals in the Russell 2000, that you have in the Dow Jones.
And if all this story about how there is weakness overseas, but America is an island of strength in a sea of recession, if that really were true why are the indexes that are most tied to the U.S. Economy the weakest?
Related trading instruments: SPDR S&P 500 Index ETF (SPY), iShares Russell 2000 Index ETF (IWM), FedEx Corporation (FDX), Delta Air Lines (DAL), Union Pacific Corporation (UNP)
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- Stocks: The Market Is On Its Own Now
- Greenspan: The Fed Cannot Exit Without Creating Tu...
- Federal Reserve: Now Comes The Tough Task
- Corporate Earnings: What Are They Telling Us (MCD,...
- CNBC Video: "I Am Wrong Less Often Than Every Oth...
- The Economy Is Much Weaker Than People Think
- The Economy Cannot Survive Without QE
- The U.S. Economy Is A Disaster
- The Only Way The Fed Will End QE
- What is The Fed Going To Do If Stocks Go Down?
- Markets Are Slowly Coming To Grips With The Realit...
- Ending Quantitative Easing Will Plunge The U.S. Ec...
- QE: When The Effects Wear Off...
- More QE To Get The Stock Market Up Again
- Market Update: Deflation, Inflation & QE4
- Endless QE: The End Result Will Be...
- Gold: China Is Quietly Buying
- Gold: $1200 Will Seem Cheap
- U.S. Economy: We Will Be In Recession By Early 201...
- Investors Will Return To Gold
- U.S. Dollar: Why The Rally?
- The False Premise Of The U.S. Dollar Rally
- Volatility Is Indicative Of A Topping Stock Market...
- Stocks: A Top And A Turning Point
- Stock Market: Economically Sensitive Indexes Are T...
- Stock Market: The Worst Week In Years
- Federal Reserve: QE Has Not Worked!
- Federal Reserve: Their Plan Is To Launch QE4
- Bitcoin: Don`t Buy The Dips
- Gold & Silver: Opportunity To Buy
- Markets Are Forming A Top
- Video: Employment Report Analysis
- The Fed Will Lose Control
- Stock Market: Signs Of A Top?
- Quantitative Easing (QE) Has Not Worked
- Ending QE: Reverting The Process
- Federal Reserve: Selling 700 Billion USD Of Debt i...
- A Surging U.S. Economy?
- ▼ October (38)