They have to keep pretending they can end it at a later date, because they can never end it on any date. They cannot end it without creating a recession, they cannot end it without producing another financial crisis, which means they are not going to end it.
I mean, not on their own terms. That does not mean it is never going to end. It will end, when a currency crisis and a sovereign debt crisis forces it to end. But before that happens, the Federal Reserve is going to come up with one excuse after another which is what I said since they launched QE1!
Related trading instruments: Energy Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLE), Select Sector Financial Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLF), SPDR Gold Trust ETF (GLD), SPDR S&P 500 Index ETF (SPY)
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2018 (85)
- ► 2017 (188)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- Stocks: The Market Is On Its Own Now
- Greenspan: The Fed Cannot Exit Without Creating Tu...
- Federal Reserve: Now Comes The Tough Task
- Corporate Earnings: What Are They Telling Us (MCD,...
- CNBC Video: "I Am Wrong Less Often Than Every Oth...
- The Economy Is Much Weaker Than People Think
- The Economy Cannot Survive Without QE
- The U.S. Economy Is A Disaster
- The Only Way The Fed Will End QE
- What is The Fed Going To Do If Stocks Go Down?
- Markets Are Slowly Coming To Grips With The Realit...
- Ending Quantitative Easing Will Plunge The U.S. Ec...
- QE: When The Effects Wear Off...
- More QE To Get The Stock Market Up Again
- Market Update: Deflation, Inflation & QE4
- Endless QE: The End Result Will Be...
- Gold: China Is Quietly Buying
- Gold: $1200 Will Seem Cheap
- U.S. Economy: We Will Be In Recession By Early 201...
- Investors Will Return To Gold
- U.S. Dollar: Why The Rally?
- The False Premise Of The U.S. Dollar Rally
- Volatility Is Indicative Of A Topping Stock Market...
- Stocks: A Top And A Turning Point
- Stock Market: Economically Sensitive Indexes Are T...
- Stock Market: The Worst Week In Years
- Federal Reserve: QE Has Not Worked!
- Federal Reserve: Their Plan Is To Launch QE4
- Bitcoin: Don`t Buy The Dips
- Gold & Silver: Opportunity To Buy
- Markets Are Forming A Top
- Video: Employment Report Analysis
- The Fed Will Lose Control
- Stock Market: Signs Of A Top?
- Quantitative Easing (QE) Has Not Worked
- Ending QE: Reverting The Process
- Federal Reserve: Selling 700 Billion USD Of Debt i...
- A Surging U.S. Economy?
- ▼ October (38)