I do not know if the Dow Jones Industrials Index is rising despite the bad economic news or because of the bad news. Because the bad news means the economy is weak and corporate earnings are not going to be there and you have a high multiple. Disappointing earnings are bad for stocks but of course if the economy is weak that takes the Federal Reserve out of the interest rate hiking game and I think puts it in the cutting interest rates and QE4 game and of course that is bullish for stocks. The market is caught between these opposing forces. (SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (DIA), SPDR S&P 500 Index ETF (SPY), iShares Russell 2000 Index ETF (IWM), Nasdaq 100 Index ETF (QQQ) )
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2017 (188)
- The Bond Market Is Smelling Inflation
- Gold & Silver: Poised For Another Big Move Up
- Crude Oil & Stock Market: Decoupling
- The Stock Market Is Going Down In Real Terms
- The Stock Market Is Not Going Up As Fast As Gold
- America: A Coming Bankruptcy
- Gold Stocks Are Rallying But The Major Firms Are N...
- The Worst Case For Gold Is Still Bullish
- Another Bullish Factor For Gold & Silver
- Gold, Mining Stocks Ready For Another Leg Higher
- Silver & Gold: I Still Like Both Metals
- Recent Economic Data Points To A Recession
- Silver Typically Does Even Better Than Gold In Bul...
- The Stock Market Is Caught Between Opposing Forces...
- The Stock Market Is Still In Denial
- Oil Prices Going Up Is Bad For U.S. Stocks And For...
- The U.S. Economic Weakness That Nobody Wants To Ac...
- Gold Stocks: A Big Rally Again
- Stock Market: The Rally is Over
- This Economy Would Have To Improve Dramatically To...
- U.S. Recession: Trump Predicts A Very Massive Rece...
- Gold Miners, Commodity Stocks: The Beginning Of A ...
- The U.S. Dollar Bubble Has Burst
- International Investing Doing Very Well
- Gold: Best Quarter In Over 30 Year!
- The Pain Trade
- Markets: Not Investing In U.S. Stocks
- ▼ April (27)
- ► 2015 (344)
- ► 2014 (429)