Even with the government`s own measures that are low, the number is now 2.10 percent which is now above the so-called 2 percent target that the Federal Reserve has established, that the Federal Reserve said it is trying to reach. Well, like the bank of Japan (BoJ) it has now exceeded its target, although the Fed somehow is still going to pretend that is below target.
This trend is going to continue and we are going to leave 2 percent inflation further and further in the rearview mirror.
Related stocks and ETFs: Barrick Gold (ABX), Newmont Mining (NEM), Goldcorp (GG), SPDR Gold Trust ETF (GLD), iShares Silver ETF (SLV);
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2017 (114)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- Federal Reserve: Trapping People In Money-Losing I...
- GDP: Biggest Contraction in 58 Years
- Americans May Not Be Able To Afford Higher Gasolin...
- Higher Crude Oil Prices Will Affect The Global Eco...
- Yellen Is Not Worried About Inflation, Yet
- Bitcoin: It`s Not Going To Work
- Digital Currencies, Bitcoin, Twitter & The U.S. Do...
- The British Pound (GBP) Is Breaking Out
- Why Jobs Are Declining In America
- Loading Up On Gold And Silver
- Inflation Is Already Taking Off
- If The Fed Removes All the Monetary Props Beneath ...
- Video: Gold & Housing Market Outlook
- On The Verge Of A Financial Crisis
- Taxing Americans Through Inflation
- A False Belief Is Driving The U.S. Markets
- Oil Prices Are Going Higher
- What`s Driving Oil Prices Higher?
- Markets Are Riding The Wave Of Cheap Money
- Certain Companies Will Benefit From Inflation
- Countries Are Inflating Their GDP`s
- The Cheap Money Is Harming the U.S. Economy
- Minimum Wage Laws: Bad Policy
- The Stock Market Is A Function of QE
- Bitcoin Is A Bubble, Prices Are Going Down
- Video: Hidden Inflation
- Forex Outlook: EURUSD
- Trade Deficit & Q2 GDP Report
- Foreign Stocks, U.S. Stocks & Real Estate Prices
- Stock Market: Hidden Weakness
- Momentum Stocks Will Continue To Trend Lower
- Central Bankers: "We Need More Inflation!"
- Consumer Spending: Biggest Decline In 5 Years
- U.S. Economy: Where Is The Bounce Back?
- ▼ June (34)