The British Pound is at a 6 year high high. The U.S. Dollar is hitting a 6 year low against the pound.
But why is the British Pound now breaking out? Because they are talking about raising rates and talking about not doing more QE. And they did at least a modest amount of austerity, it did do some cutting. Not as much as they should have, but at least they did some. We didm`t do any. We kept on stimulating.
And I remember guys like Paul Krugman being critical of the United Kingdom, saying, "they are doing it wrong". Well, the market is voting that they are doing it right.
Related: GBP Futures, GBPUSD Forex Cross;
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2019 (89)
- ► 2018 (169)
- ► 2017 (188)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- Federal Reserve: Trapping People In Money-Losing I...
- GDP: Biggest Contraction in 58 Years
- Americans May Not Be Able To Afford Higher Gasolin...
- Higher Crude Oil Prices Will Affect The Global Eco...
- Yellen Is Not Worried About Inflation, Yet
- Bitcoin: It`s Not Going To Work
- Digital Currencies, Bitcoin, Twitter & The U.S. Do...
- The British Pound (GBP) Is Breaking Out
- Why Jobs Are Declining In America
- Loading Up On Gold And Silver
- Inflation Is Already Taking Off
- If The Fed Removes All the Monetary Props Beneath ...
- Video: Gold & Housing Market Outlook
- On The Verge Of A Financial Crisis
- Taxing Americans Through Inflation
- A False Belief Is Driving The U.S. Markets
- Oil Prices Are Going Higher
- What`s Driving Oil Prices Higher?
- Markets Are Riding The Wave Of Cheap Money
- Certain Companies Will Benefit From Inflation
- Countries Are Inflating Their GDP`s
- The Cheap Money Is Harming the U.S. Economy
- Minimum Wage Laws: Bad Policy
- The Stock Market Is A Function of QE
- Bitcoin Is A Bubble, Prices Are Going Down
- Video: Hidden Inflation
- Forex Outlook: EURUSD
- Trade Deficit & Q2 GDP Report
- Foreign Stocks, U.S. Stocks & Real Estate Prices
- Stock Market: Hidden Weakness
- Momentum Stocks Will Continue To Trend Lower
- Central Bankers: "We Need More Inflation!"
- Consumer Spending: Biggest Decline In 5 Years
- U.S. Economy: Where Is The Bounce Back?
- ▼ June (34)