The U.S. dollar is still on the defensive, it has not imploded yet, but it is not making new highs anymore. And I think that the speculators that have been buying up dollars (and again, this is the most crowded trade, long the dollar, short just any other currency), the speculators who are on this trade are having a hard time acknowledging that it is not working out. It is very tough to break this trend. You get all this news that keep coming out that should be lifting lightbulbs on people`s heads.
The whole rationale for the strong dollar is based on a strong U.S. Economy and the Federal Reserve raising rates. Well, if the U.S. Economy is not strong and if we are getting back into recession, if the Federal Reserve is going to be doing QE4 then the U.S. Dollar`s rally is all false.
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2016 (252)
- U.S. Economy: GDP Report Is Even Weaker Than It Se...
- A Bearish Case For Apple (AAPL)
- Economic Data, Stocks & Foreign Exchange
- Canadian Dollar Outlook
- "W" Bottom In The Oil Price
- The Consensus On The U.S. Economy Is Wrong
- The Federal Reserve Will Tolerate Inflation
- U.S. Economy: More Bad Data (Housing Starts)
- Video: When Will The Federal Reserve Raise Interes...
- The Dollar Is Going To Fall Off The Edge Of A Clif...
- Video: Forex Outlook
- Traders Are Wrong In Making Bullish Dollar Bets
- Gold Is Strong Even In A Strong Dollar Environment...
- There Is A Lot Of Strength In The Gold Market
- A Bullish Signal For Gold
- European QE & QE4
- U.S. Economy: The Fantasy Is Going To End
- Markets: The Next Crisis
- U.S. Economy: A Dismal Jobs Report
- The U.S. Dollar Rally Is False
- Oil & Gold: Searching For A Bottom
- Currency Markets Are Prepared For The Opposite Of ...
- ▼ April (22)
- ► 2014 (429)