We were down 400 points in the last 2 days on the Dow Jones Industrials and remember the Dow Jones rallied 2,000 points off its September low. That is where it was when everybody thought the Federal Reserve was going to hike interest rates in September and when we got that bad jobs number we had a 2,000 points relief rally because the Fed was not about to raise rates.
And now what as been holding up the market was the idea that the ECB was going to come in with all this money printing. But now that we are not going to get that and people still expect Yellen to raise rates, well, we might lose the entire 2,000 points relief rally in which case the rate hike is back off the table as if it was ever on the table in the first place.
- ► 2017 (188)
- ► 2016 (252)
- Markets: QE4 Coming Next Year
- Financial Markets: You Can Only Imagine What Lies ...
- How To Play Gold
- Manufacturing Is In Recession And Getting Worse
- The Federal Reserve Will Be Forced To Admit That I...
- The Credibility Bubble Might Be The First One To D...
- The Bond Bubble: Junk Bonds, Treasuries
- All The Forward Economic Indicators Are Flashing R...
- Interest Rate Hike: The Economic Data Did Not Just...
- The Federal Reserve Will Not Raise Rates Again
- Oil Prices & Stock Prices Are Going Down For The S...
- If The Fed Was Data Dependent They Would Not Be Ra...
- If The Fed Raises Rates, They Will Cut Them Back A...
- The Most Dovish Interest Rate Hike Ever
- U.S. Economy: The Recovery is Ending
- Markets: Interest Rate Hike, Tightening Cycle
- I Expect The Dollar To Be Weaker
- The Best Environment For Gold
- Dow Jones: The 2,000 Points Relief Rally May Be Re...
- The Fed Is Going To Look Ridiculous For Having Rai...
- Gold: Hedge Funds Are The Most Short They Have Eve...
- U.S. Economy: Consumers Aren`t Confident
- Corporate Profits Are Declining
- ▼ December (23)
- ► 2014 (429)