The US Dollar had a substantial rise based on the expectation that the Federal Reserve would be able to normalize interest rates and unwind its massive balance sheet plus a general belief that the Fed's experiment had actually succeeded and that the economy was in better shape as a result.
So the dollar kind of rode that rally and now I think it's starting to surrender those ill-gotten gains. The dollar is on pace for its worst year since 1985. We just finished the month of August, a down month for the US Dollar. It's been down six months in a row and so the weakness in the dollar is one of the reasons that the price of gold has
- ► 2018 (84)
- U.S. Markets: Who Will Replace The Fed’s Purchasin...
- Trump Tax Plan: Highlights
- Gold: Below 1,300 Will Likely Be A Buying Opportun...
- The Federal Reserve Is In A Box
- Markets: Yellen, US Dollar and Gold
- Bitcoin, Gold and The Madness Of The Crowds
- Toys R Us Bankruptcy: Companies Saddled With Debt ...
- Jamie Dimon (J.P. Morgan): Bitcoin Is A Fraud
- Russia and China Are Buying Gold
- Federal Reserve: A Cosmetic Reduction In Its Balan...
- Eliminating The Debt Ceiling
- Stock Market, Tax Reform
- Gold: Hurricane Related Sell-off Is A Buying Oppor...
- Foreign Stocks Are Outperforming US Stocks
- US Dollar: Worst Year Since 1985?
- The Gold Market Gold Continues to Move Higher
- Gold: $1,300 Is Now Support
- ▼ September (17)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- ► 2014 (429)