The fundamentals for gold appear to be getting better with inflation numbers getting worse in japan, people talking about inflation being too low in Europe and that they need to create more inflation, more of the inflation numbers picking up here.
All of these drum beats get louder and louder for inflation, yet the price of gold is not responding. Maybe they are still talking about, "Well, I guess inflation is good, I suppose there is no real reason to buy gold." Maybe there`s a lot of confidence out there that the central bankers can can keep inflation contained. They were not able to contain the problems in the mortgage market but maybe investors have a little bit more confidence that they can contain inflation.
And when they are talking about that they want higher inflation they are just going to tweak it up a notch. They are going to move it from 1.50% to 1.80% or 2.00% or whatever. In the Eurozone its still around 1.00% officially, so maybe they think they have a little bit more room to crank it up a little bit there and that somehow none of this is going to be bullish for the price of gold.
Related ETFs: SPDR Gold Trust ETF (GLD), Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX)
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2021 (36)
- ► 2020 (100)
- ► 2019 (89)
- ► 2018 (169)
- ► 2017 (188)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- Schiff For President?
- Why Are Gold Prices Falling?
- Gold Prices Are Not Responding To Inflation
- 2014: Stocks vs. Gold
- Inflation Distorts The Markets
- What Is Going To Drive The Price Of Gold And Silve...
- Trading Bitcoins For Gold & Silver
- Bitcoins Will Continue To Trade Lower
- Bernanke On Interest Rates
- The Holy Grail Of Inflation
- Profits & Risk-Taking
- This Is A Wall Street Bubble
- Video: We Have Another Housing Bubble
- Forex Markets: Watch The USD/JPY
- The Housing Market Is Already Rolling Over
- Inflation: Is It Good or Bad?
- Inflation: Gold Prices, Commodities
- Video: Roubini & Schiff Head-To-Head
- Food Inflation: The Real Cause
- Inflation Showing Up In Food
- Stocks: The Stealth Correction
- The U.S. Is The Biggest Inflation Creator In The W...
- Central Bankers Are Embracing Inflation
- Concern About A Strong Euro Is Bullish For Gold
- Yellen Demonstrates So Much Ignorance
- All The Currencies Are Going Up Against The U.S. D...
- Forex Markets: New Zealand Threatens Markets With QE
- U.S. Dollar Weakness: 5 Year Lows Against The GBP
- Financials: Bearish Looking Charts
- A Wake-Up Call For The Bond Market
- Economic Data: April`s ISM & The Weather Excuse
- Employment Report: 1 Million Left The Labor Force ...
- Video: Minimum Wage & Vanishing Jobs
- U.S. Economy: There's No Evidence Of A Recovery
- What Is Going To Happen To GDP If The Fed Withdraw...
- GDP Report Misses Expectations
- The Fed Will Reverse Course On QE
- ▼ May (37)