I think prices are rising quite a bit faster than 2 percent a year already. But one of the reasons that`s not even higher is because we are exporting it to our trading partners. Look at all the bonds that China and Emerging Markets have been buying since the Federal Reserve started tapering.
In fact foreign central banks are buying more bonds now, they are more than picking up the slack from the Fed and that is what is really keeping the world at bay right now.
Related trading instruments: iShares MSCI Emerging Markets Index ETF (EEM), 10-Year U.S. Treasuries;
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2021 (36)
- ► 2020 (100)
- ► 2019 (89)
- ► 2018 (169)
- ► 2017 (188)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- Yellen: Blowing Air Into Bubbles
- A Collapse is Coming.
- U.S. Growth: Drifting Lower As The Year Progresses
- Yellen Dismisses Inflation As Temporary Noise
- Fed`s Low Rates Are Deterring Savings & Capital In...
- Gold: I Know What The Trend Is
- U.S. Economy: Heading Into Recession
- GDP Report: Its All Downhill From Q2
- Earnings Season: Companies Are Having Trouble With...
- More Disappointing Earnings: Amazon (AMZN)
- Video: 2014 FreedomFest Speech
- Painful Inflation
- Earnings Season: Stocks That Are Missing The Most
- Peter Schiff Interviews Doug Casey
- The Fed Will Ignore Inflation Because They Can`t R...
- The Bottom Is Going To Drop Out
- The Dow Jones Will Keep Falling In Gold Terms
- Prices Are Already Rising Faster Than 2% A Year
- What Investors Have To Worry About
- The Federal Reserve Can`t Acknowledge The Stock Ma...
- Americans Are Big Spenders Of Other`s People Money
- The Housing Market Is Quickly Unraveling
- Federal Reserve and the Stock Market Bubble
- A Big Plunge In Housing Starts
- The Federal Reserve Is Financing Speculation
- CNBC`s Liesman And Conventional Ignorance
- Gold: A Real Short Squeeze Is Coming
- A Weakening Housing Market
- Gold Outlook (2014 Half-Time Report)
- Yellen: Highly Accommodative Monetary Policy Still...
- The Losing End Of The QE Stick
- U.S. Economy: Living Beyond Its Means
- Markets: Boom or Bubble?
- Gold: The Naysayers Are Wrong
- Bullish On The Euro Currency
- Gold: The Technical Picture Is Improving Rapidly
- The U.S. Dollar Will Lose Its World Dominance
- This Is Not Strong Job Growth
- Dow 17,000 and The Worst Statistic On The Employme...
- President Obama Does Not Understand Capitalism
- Video: The Fed Is Wrong, Again.
- IRS: The Double Standard
- ▼ July (42)