Interest rates have been too low for too long, that is a big problem. But unfortunately they are not going to be raised anytime soon and ultimately when interest rates do go up, its not because the Federal Reserve wants them to go up, but because they have no choice. But I think the next thing the Fed is going to do is to launch an even bigger round of QE then the one they are tapering off from. Because the U.S. Economy is not recovering, we are slipping back into recession. If the Fed does not know that, it will by the end of the year and it will have to reverse policy.
Related trading instruments: SPDR Gold Trust ETF (GLD), iShares Silver ETF (SLV), SPDR S&P 500 Index ETF (SPY), Select Sector Financial Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLF), iShares MSCI Emerging Markets Index ETF (EEM)
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2017 (112)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- Homebuilding Stocks In A Bear Market
- Many Homebuilders Are Making 52 Week Lows
- Investment Outlook: U.S. Economy, Real Estate & St...
- The Fed Can`t Raise Rates
- The Federal Reserve Inflated A Much Bigger Bubble
- The United States Is A Dependent Nation
- Bitcoin: The Big Breakdown In Price
- Federal Reserve: Cheerleaders Vs. Haters
- Gold: A Lot Of Support Around 1,200
- U.S. Economy: QE Creates Addiction
- Market Outlook: Gold, U.S. Dollar, Interest Rates
- Don`t Invest Based On What Yellen Says
- How Much $1 Dollar Used To Get You
- Recession Will Come Faster Than The First Interest...
- The U.S. Economy Will Sink Without QE
- Removing QE Will Pop The Asset Bubble
- Video: Yellen Will Not Raise Interest Rates
- Currencies: Markets Are Getting It Wrong
- The U.S. Dollar Rally Will Be Short Lived
- The Federal Reserve Will Soon Be Printing More Mon...
- Market Outlook: Forex Markets, Interest Rates
- Federal Reserve: A New Round of QE That Will Make ...
- Federal Reserve: What The Next Move Will Be
- Central Banks Have It All Wrong On Inflation
- Gold Market Outlook
- Foreign Stocks Will Continue To Outperform
- The U.S. Dollar Is Going Down Against The Euro
- This Is A Stock Market Rally For The 1 Percent
- U.S. Economy: The Jobs Situation Is Going To Get L...
- Employment Report: Lowest Job Creation Of The Year...
- Stock Market Outlook
- Automation Is A Positive Thing
- International Tensions May Even Be Bullish For Sto...
- Housing Market: No Real Buyers
- Stock Market: The Biggest Risk
- The Stock Market Wants Cheap Money
- Stock Market: The Excuse The Fed Needs To Postpone...
- Video: Ron Paul on The Peter Schiff Show
- ▼ September (38)