For how long can the stock market be oblivious to higher interest rates? Because not only do higher interest rates dramatically slow the economy, they crush the housing market, but stocks themselves, you value stocks based on interest rates. You discount earnings based on interest rates.
Even if the earnings go up a little bit, you have to discount them by a higher amount and the PEs (price to earnings ratio) are already very high and the justification for the high PEs was not the growth rate, it was the discount rate. (SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (DIA), SPDR S&P 500 Index ETF (SPY), Nasdaq 100 Index ETF (QQQ))
- ► 2017 (188)
- The Bearish Gold Narrative Is False
- Higher Inflation Is Bullish For Gold
- For How Long Can The Market Be Oblivious To Higher...
- The Catalyst For The Next Economic Recession
- Bond Market: Serious Technical Damage Has Been Don...
- The Stock Market Is Getting It Wrong
- This Can Be A Blowoff Top In The U.S. Dollar
- Newly Negotiated Trade Deals & Infrastructure Inve...
- The Beginning Of An Explosive Move Up In Interest ...
- The Stock Market Bubble Needs To Deflate
- This Is A Gigantic Bond Bubble
- The 30-Year U.S. Government Bonds Will Collapse
- The Bond Bubble Is Deflating
- Stock Market, Gold & Bonds
- U.S. Economy: What Trump Is Planning To Do Is Impo...
- Bond Market: Explosive Move In Yields In Reaction ...
- Trump: The Bond Market Is Giving A Flashing Warnin...
- The Only Way Central Banks Could Hurt Gold Prices
- Gold: A Down Payment On Much Larger Returns
- ▼ November (19)
- ► 2015 (344)
- ► 2014 (429)