We didn't have a black Monday like 1987 as it wasn't a 20 percent decline but it was the biggest point decline in the history of the stock market by a large magnitude. We were down 1,175 points and we were down 1,600 points at the intraday low. So this is the biggest point decline ever but in percentage terms it is in the top 20 (I think it was like number 14 or something) but it is a major decline and we rarely see declines this big. (SPDR S&P 500 Index ETF (SPY), SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (DIA), Nasdaq 100 Index ETF (QQQ))
- ► 2019 (89)
- Interest Rates Are Going a Lot Higher
- Gold Needs To Clear Overhead Resistance
- Stock Market: The Dance That We're Doing
- Inflation Is Good For Gold
- The Democrats Now Look Like The Fiscally Responsib...
- The US Dollar Will Continue To Get Slaughtered
- Stock Market: Bear Market or Correction?
- Massive Volatility Is Indicative Of A Trend Change...
- Markets: Nothing Is Going To Stop Rates From Risin...
- Stock Market: Volatility Signals a Trend Change
- This Just Shows How Quickly The Market Can Go Down...
- Markets: The Problem With The Debt
- Stock Market: It's a Major Decline
- Stock Market: This Brings Back Vivid Memories Of 2...
- Stock Market: This Year Seems To Have A Lot In Com...
- Stock Market Correction: The Start of Something Mu...
- Pronounced Weakness In The US Dollar
- Greenspan: Bubbles In Stocks & Bonds
- ▼ February (18)
- ► 2017 (188)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- ► 2014 (429)